Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos

Margaret is a lonely woman with a mansion filled with valuable objects - inkstands, figurines, teapots, and soup tureens. When she decides to take in a boarder, it's important that the objects agree to the situation and get along with anyone Margaret brings into the house.

Wanda is a lost woman, searching for a lost love; she's a perfect fit as Margaret's renter.

Together, the women find friendship, form a great community of motley souls, and heal their hearts. By breaking things.

I listened to the audiobook, and I have to admit I couldn't wait to get in the car to listen some more. It's an odd, captivating book about people out near the fringes of sanity and society. I enjoyed the unexpectedly twisty plot; with several subplots and characters blooming into life, just when I thought I knew where their stories would converge, the book took me off in another direction.


No comments: