Monday, February 29, 2016

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Jenny Lawson's childhood was full of questionable roadkill and home taxidermy - which fully explains how she became that kind of crazy we do so love to make "internet famous."

I've followed Lawson (The Bloggess) online for years, and I adore her. You may know her too, because her story of Beyonce the chicken is a widely distributed fable on the irrationality of arguments between spouses.

When this book was published in 2012, I immediately ordered an autographed copy and added it to my teetering, never-ending to-be-read stack. And I never got to it.

Why read it now, then? We've been looking at shaking up the book discussions at the library, and when I saw I could get my hands on a stack of this book, I jumped at the chance. Now THIS will shake things up!

Lawson's nuts, but in a hilarious, harmless way. You don't want her as a neighbor, and you truly feel for Victor, her ever-beleaguered husband. But you definitely want her in your social circle so you can hear the next chapter in the "Guess what just happened" saga.

No comments: