Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Inspiration: Asian

Reading books about other places, cultures, and experiences is a great way to expand your horizons, even when you're stuck at home. For this prompt, we're looking at books about by Asian authors and about the cultures, people, and immigrants of Asian countries.

I went looking for an official list of countries in Asia, and my world view has been expanded to understand Russia and most of the Middle East are included in Asia. I don't know what I thought they were ...

Here are a few I've read:
A few authors and books I haven't read but would recommend anyway:
  • Crazy Rich Asians series by Kevin Kwan
  • Nicola Yoon (YA)
  • Mindy Kaling (nonfiction)
  • Gene Luen Yang (graphic novels)
  • Arcady's Goal by Eugene Yelchin
And a list of lists:
My list seems heavy on Japan and China, with some India. Can you help diversify the list with some additional recommendations?

No comments: