Friday, May 8, 2009

Coop by Michael Perry

I love, love, love Michael Perry. And I can't stop talking about this book.

This, the latest episode of Mike's autobiographical book series, takes the reader into the imminent birth of the Perry daughter, the imminent arrival of pigs and chickens to the farm, and Mike's attempts to build and maintain suitable structures for animal, family, and vegetable.

It's hilarious, heartwarming, and thought-provoking. You gotta love a guy who writes so elegantly about faith. Or snot. Well, at least I gotta love him. And again, we meet colorful characters and mad-cap situations, all accompanied by an alt-rock/country-blues soundtrack.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoyed this book?

Have I mentioned how much I love Mike Perry?

1 comment:

Stephanie Calkins said...

He's going to do a book signing at the Madison West Barnes & Noble on June 17. Looking forward to getting the book then.