Friday, December 18, 2009

Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon

There are 3 main storylines in this book, each about a disconnected person rather adrift in their lives. None is sure just what they want to do or who they are: a guy approaching middle age has wasted his own chance at life trying to track down his missing, unstable brother; a small town 18-year old runs away with her history teacher at the promise of adventure; and a college student is sent into a tailspin when he discovers the truth about his parentage.

I picked up this audiobook because I needed to wash away the bad taste from the stupid Kinsella book I gave up on ... and it totally worked.

I really got drawn into this story, waiting and wondering how the different characters might be linked or could possibly meet up. There were several times I actually gasped out loud at some clue to how they may tie together.

No comments: