Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Dan Brown totally plays into my "readers OCD" - I swear he writes these books with people like me in mind. I *cannot* put a book down until I'm at a "stopping point" (ie: section break, chapter end, etc.). But Brown ends every chapter in a cliffhanger, thereby preventing me from EVER putting the book down. Until the end.

I thought this book started a little slow. I found myself thinking, "hmm. Apparently the speech he was supposed to give - he's going to stand around and give it to the police." But once they actually left the rotunda and got walking, the action picked up for me.

And again, I finished a Dan Brown book in the wee hours of the AM.

I really liked the theology of this book - the melding of the science vs. religion arguments into a habitable belief system was satisfying to me.

No comments: