Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Who ran my underwear up the flagpole?

by Jerry Spinelli

Spinelli's books are perennial favorites in upper elementary classrooms. This morning I read a couple selections from this title to a group of third and fourth graders. I don't know anyone whose attention isn't grabbed the instant the word underwear is uttered. These kids were no exception. If you have a reluctant reader, find the section where the main character gets out of detention because he forgot his pants.

2 comments:

max said...

It's so important to draw attention to reading, and attract reluctant readers to it,especially boys. In fact, I've recently completed a feature magazine article on this subject that came out in October, "Help for Struggling, Reluctant Readers."

I grew up as a reluctant reader, in spite of the fact that my father published over 70 books. Now I write action-adventures & mysteries, especially for tween boys, that avid boy readers and girls enjoy just as much.

My blog, Books for Boys http://booksandboys.blogspot.com is dedicated to drawing attention to the importance of reading. And my new book, Lost Island Smugglers - first in the Sam Cooper Adventure Series - is coming out in June.

Keep up your good work.

Max Elliot Anderson
PS. My first 7 books are going to be republished by Comfort Publishing later in 2010

prom dresses cheap said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.