Saturday, March 6, 2010

Willow

by Julia Hoban

Willow killed her parents. Everyone else says it was just a terrible accident. Now she has a new school, lives with her much older brother, his wife and their new baby, and she's found a way to deal with her grief. She is a cutter. I have to admit, I did not finish this book. As I listened to it, my interest just flat-lined on disc 4. I made it all the way to the second to last disc, but still have no desire to know how it ends. Willow is beginning to make new friends. The boy who keeps making her feel her emotions rather than hiding them is the only person who has caught on to her secret. He wants her to get help, but knowing she won't he is willing to be her support system. I understand Guy and Willow's desire to believe they can handle everything alone, but I kept waiting for just one other person to catch on. She's not exactly the best at keeping the signs hidden.

No comments: